Background of the Problem
Customer relationship management (CRM) provides businesses with an opportunity to gather customer-related information that can be used when developing particular services and products (Ayling, n.d.). Considering current technological improvement, the integration of social media in CRM is expected to enhance customer valuation and market segmentation, etc. (Diana, n.d.). Social CRM provides additional opportunities to increase revenue, advertise a brand, and attract loyal clients (Patil, 2014). Gathering a consistent and complete information, businesses can manage their stakeholders and organize them (Malthouse, Haenlein, Skiera, Wege, & Zhang, 2013). As this topic has not been thoroughly investigated yet, it will be advantageous to conduct research and find out how customer engagement in social media can be used for organizational purposes in the framework of CRM.In only 3 hours we’ll deliver a custom Social Media and Customer Relationship Management essay written 100% from scratch Get help
Statement of the Research Objectives
The proposed research will reveal how social networks can be integrated in CRM and used for organizational purposes. In particular, the study will:
- Identify the most popular social media networks used by the general public.
- Point out what information can be gathered and how it can be used for organizational purposes.
- Find out how current businesses treat social CRM.
- Explain expected advantages of the integration of social CRM.
- Discuss possible issues faced when using social CRM.
- Provide recommendations for businesses.
Data will be gathered in the framework of qualitative research in three main ways:
- Literature review will be used to discuss the background of social CRM and to support personal findings.
- Survey will be used to find out what types of social media the general public uses and for what purposes (Elena, 2016).
- Interview will be used to reveal how business leaders treat social CRM and utilize it (Harpham, 2016).
Opportunity sample will be used because it allows using resources efficiently and is easy to reach. Its size will include about 100 individuals from the general public. Three business leaders will be approached to compare their views on social CRM. The participants of the survey will be reached via emails while interviews will be conducted face-to-face (or via skype).
Areas of Questioning
- Social Media
- Web-based activities
- Brand advertising
- Decision-making regarding purchases
- Client-business interaction
- Traditional vs social CRM
- Advantages of social CRM for business operations
Data obtained from the survey and interviews will be analyzed with the help of content analysis. In this way, it will be possible to describe obtained information in detail so that evidence will be sufficient and complete. Then, more interpretive analysis will be maintained to explain what will be observed and why. As a result, it will be possible to classify social media and reveal how it can be used to benefit both clients and organizations.
Specifications and Assumptions
The paper will be based on the assumption that it is advantageous for businesses to resort to social media in the framework of CRM. In particular, researchers will pay attention to the way social media interferes with organizational operations related to stakeholders, such as market segmentation, etc. Overall benefits, such as increased revenue and reduce costs, will be also considered. What is more, it will be presupposed that the level of customer engagement in social media depends on the market’s engagement.
The research supplier will develop a plan for research, questions for a survey and interview, find an appropriate sample, get a study permit and agreement, conduct research, analyze information, and present findings.Academic experts
available We will write a custom Management essay specifically for you for only $16.00 $11/page Learn more
This research study will not be costly because the sample will include volunteers who do not receive any payment for participation. The majority of the operations will be maintained using a computer.
- Literature review and background information (1 week)
- Questions for research (1st week).
- Reach the sample and get a permit (2nd week)
- Survey and interviews (2nd-3rd week).
- Data analysis (3rd-4th weeks).
- Report (5th week).
Ayling, F. (n.d.). The role of social in customer relationship management (SCRM) [Blog post]. Web.
Diana, A. (n.d.). Integrating social media and customer relationship management. Web.
Elena, C. (2016). Social media: A strategy in developing customer relationship management. Procedia Economics and Finance, 39(1), 785-790.
Harpham, B. (2016). How social media adds value to CRM. Web.
Malthouse, E., Haenlein, M., Skiera, B., Wege, E., & Zhang, M. (2013). Managing customer relationships in the social media era: Introducing the social CRM house. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 27(1), 270-280.
Patil, M. (2014). Social media and customer relationship management. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 1(5), 27-32.15% OFF Get your very first custom-written academic paper with 15% off Get discount